Top 12 Tips for Winter Maintenance
Winter is upon us and we want to make sure that you are as productive as you can be. Below are our Top 12 tips from our best service technicians on what you can do to make sure your vacuum equipment is prepared for winter.
If you are unsure or have questions, don’t worry, Jack Doheny Companies is here to help! Give us a call at 888-936-4369 to speak with one of our trained technicians and have them help you to get ready and prevent winter damage.
Take advantage of any down-time as well and schedule a drop-off for any repairs or upgrades that you will need for the spring cleaning season. Give your local JDC branch a call for availability inquiries and reserve your appointment today!
1. Check Anti-Freeze level before the start of the season
2. Check the air pressure in your equipment tires
3. Ensure all weather caps are in place on exhaust silencers to prevent water intrusion and freezing
4.. If you park your truck outside or in a building without climate control, winterize your equipment everyday
5. Remove the pressure gauge (if equipped) and store in a climate controlled environment
6. Run the recirculator while traveling to the work-site and until your are ready to start the job
7. When getting started in the morning, start your truck and let it run until the equipment gets to optimal working temperature
8. Dump your debris body and cyclones (if equipped) everyday
9. Drain air tanks everyday
10. Run small amounts of diesel through the blower and vane pumps (if equipped) to prevent flash freezing
11. Use OEM parts for all repairs
12. Have your equipment checked out by your equipment supplier for a thorough evaluation