Vactor HXX Prodigy Air Vacuum Excavator
The Vactor HXX Prodigy Air vacuum excavator is based on the popular Vactor HXX HydroExcavator series and years of vacuum excavation research, customer input, testing and experience. The HXX Prodigy Air midsize vacuum excavator is the perfect non-destructive machine for a wide range of utility and municipal applications including potholing, key hole repairs, utility and line location, precise excavation and general maintenance. Utility companies, utility service contractors and municipalities will appreciate its ease of operation, lighter operating weight and maneuverability in tight spaces. Excavating using air as the digging medium is often the preferred, even required method for utility work such as line locating and repair, and enables dry back-fill for the excavation.
Precise Excavation Using Air
- - Air system for dry digging and operation of air tools.
- - 350 CFM / 150 PSI Air Compressor - Boss
- - Mounted on a 33,000 lb. gross vehicle weight Class 7 truck chassis (non-FET).
- - User-friendly control system and a standard extendable boom with 320° rotation that provides full coverage of the working area and eliminates the need to "man-handle" the hose.
- - An optional telescopic boom is also available
Dedicated Backfill Hopper
- - Back-fill material is easily loaded and transported to the job site in dedicated 30 cu ft. hopper.
- - Hopper is constructed of corrosion and abrasion resistant steel.
- - Back-fill material is loaded into the hopper via a 4 in. vacuum suction hose.
- - Allows transportation of gravel or other fill to the job site while leaving the debris body empty for excavated soil.
- - Back-filled material is funneled to a 12 in. knife gate valve that allows easy metering of material into the excavation.
- - The folded dump chute can extend to provide additional back-fill reach.
Ample Debris Capacity & Washdown Water
- – 6 yd3 (4.6 m3) of debris
- – 100 gallon (2271 L) Water Tank and Pump for easy cleanup of equipment or jobsite. Note: the water system can also be used to loosen harder soils.
Superior Vacuum Performance
- – A powerful 16 in. Hg, 3,2000 CFM PD blower with a custom-designed and optimized filtration system that can handle digging with air without a bag house.
- – The 3,200 CFM blower and 6 in. hose provide the operators with increased performance when compared to smaller trailer units.
- – The standard 6 in. hose system reduces clogging seen in 3 in. or 4 in. vacuum systems.
- – The vacuum system features ultra-efficient airflow. The simplified airflow path maximizes pickup and filtration effectiveness, while minimizing the amount of material that passes through the blower, reducing premature wear.
- – Ergonomically designed control box located curbside for easy access, efficiency and improved operator safety.
- – Enclosed in an aluminum box, it is protected from environmental elements.
- – Controls include water system on / off, complete boom and body dump function, E-Stop, and more.
- – A standard wireless remote puts all of the controls in the operator’s hands.
LCD Information Display
- – A centrally-located LCD information display panel monitors performance of all functions, including engine rpm, blower speed, engine load, a tachometer and hour meter for both chassis and blower, temperature indicators for various systems, and more.
- – Also provides the blower over speed and temperature protection, hydraulic overheat protection guarding the equipment from potential abuse from inexperienced operators.
- – 6 yd3 volumetric capacity debris body
- - 1/4 in. round design, abrasion and corrosion resistant Ex-Ten steel
- - Flat style, 3/4 rear door, hinged at top w/ replaceable neoprene seal
- - Hydraulic rear door open, close, and locking system
- - Front mounted hydraulic dump cylinder, 50 degree dump angle, power up / power down
- – Roots 624 (16 in. Hg) 3,200 CFM @ max speed 2,800 RPM
- - Direct Drive OMSI transfer case
- - Vacuum relief located at the inlet to the final filter to quickly relieve system vacuum
- - Remote-control operated
- - 6 in. top mount standard boom w/ 320 degrees rotation
- – All metal surfaces shot blasted and phosphate washed prior to painting
- - Module components painted prior to assembly
- – Hydraulic reservoir capacity of 50 gallons with strainer on all suction lines
- - Oil-level sight gauges on hydraulic reservoir
- - Inspection port for maintenance
- - 10 micron spin-on type filter
- – Entire system is moisture and vapor sealed
- - All wires function stamped and color coded
- - Electrical connections require no exposed wires or terminals
- - Light bulbs are shock mounted
- - Solid state electronic control system
- – Telescopic boom
- - Vacuum enhancer
- - Air purge system utilizing chassis air system
- - Additional toolboxes
- - Sand blast pot